Today, 07 October 2021, I am proud to be presenting at the MacSysAdmin Online Conerernce 2021, on AutoPkg Everything - How ETH Zürich extends the AutoPkg framework beyond uploading packages.
This post contains links to everything that was presented that is publicly available.
Video and Slides
Jamf Policy Design
- How many Jamf Pro Policies does each application need? - blog post by Graham.
- JamfUploader - new AutoPkg processors for importing packages to Jamf Pro - blog post by Graham.
- Integrating AutoPkg and Jamf Pro - blog post by Anthony Reimer.
- Making package uploading and deployment easier with JamfUploader - JNUC 2021 presentation by Anthony Reimer and Graham Pugh.
- JamfUploader - a suite of shared AutoPkg processors for uploading packages and API objects to Jamf Pro. - note: includes
- Better Jamf Policy Version Control with AutoPkg and Regex - VersionRegexGenerator - blog post by Graham.
- JSSImporter - a side-loaded custom AutoPkg processor for uploading packages and API objects to Jamf Pro.
- Jamf and AutoPkg - JNUC 2019 presentation by Graham.
- JSSImporter 1.0.2b3 puts the brakes on
- eth-its/autopkg_mac_recipes_yaml - Contains all ETH’s Testing (
.jamf), Nodes (
-nodes.jamf), Production (
-prod.jamf) and Uninstaller (
- autopkg/grahampugh-recipes - Jamf_Recipes - some
.jamfrecipe examples that are closer to the older JSS recipe standard.
- A beginner’s guide to using AutoPkg with GitLab Runner - blog post by Graham.
- GitLab Runner
- GitHub Actions
- AutoPkgr - A native macOS app which can be used to interact with AutoPkg, including a scheduler.
- AutoPkg-Conductor - a script for managing autopkg runs by @rtrouton.
AutoPkg for Windows
These links refer to my colleague Nick Heim’s work in forking AutoPkg for Windows.
Other useful resources
- AutoPkg - a framework for deploying packages.
- AutoPkg 2020 - MacSysAdmin presentation by Greg Neagle
- Writing AutoPkg Recipes - EveryWorld workshop by Anthony Reimer
- jss_helper - an API tool for promoting packages uploaded via JSSImporter from testing to production. Requires AutoPkg, JSSImporter and python-jss to be installed. Note that I mis-spoke in the presentation and called this “Jamf Helper”.